Nicole Lenzen is a product leader with extensive experience in digital and physical product development. She has worked with companies ranging from startup to Fortune 50 across industries of fashion, retail, finance, travel, industrial goods, and the social sector. With her technical acumen and intuitive design sense, she has a knack for dissecting complex problems and delivering compelling solutions.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
• Product Ownership: Define and deliver products that solve customer needs and generate business value; Outline roadmap from MVP to north star vision and create requirements, epics/user stories, and journey maps; Define and monitor KPIs/success metrics
• Leadership: Lead multi-disciplinary teams, bringing clarity, organization, and mentorship into situations with high levels of ambiguity and complexity
• Agile Project Management: Manage project workplans, timelines, and deliverables; Run sprint meetings, prioritization efforts, and iterative development cycles
• Technical Acuity: From emerging technologies to enterprise systems, quickly understand complicated technologies, devise solutions for challenging problems, and clearly articulate to non-technical audiences
• Design & Product Strategy: Product innovation and validation through qualitative and quantitative user research and lean experiments to translate insights into opportunity areas, product features, and user experiences
• Client Management: Executive level communication, presentation, and relationship management
SELECTED PAST CLIENTS:
International Philanthropic Foundation
End-to-end solution to revolutionize the creation, management, and tracking of investment grants and contracts
- Led product definition, mapping complex information architecture from legacy systems into new product modules, data models, and screen flow/UX construct
- Partnered with design to conduct user research interviews with internal and external stakeholders across 26 different workflows, synthesizing insights into key pain point themes
- Researched and reported on existing competitor platforms and product innovation exemplars
Industrial Goods Manufacturer
Two-sided B2B marketplace matching engineers and procurement professionals with materials and suppliers
- Led incubation planning including product definition, venture setup, and technical solution
- Feature set included intuitive search that simplified discovery of materials based on properties
- Conducted workshops and user research to ideate innovative features for product roadmap
Financial Services Company
Machine learning news platform for risk management professionals to mitigate the impact of news on portfolios
- Led PoC incubation phase of highly complex data science project including a mobile application, web application, and back-end architecture
- Implemented critical features such as a machine learning feedback loop and significant improvements to data quality and user interface
- Planned and managed live pilot with five global financial institutions, gathering key user feedback and testing established hypotheses
API platform enabling carriers to exchange interline data via integrations with native airline apps and web services.
- Led PoC phase of back-end platform and front-end reference app development, demonstrating interline journey between first two carriers
- Managed weekly sprints, bringing clarity, organization, and mentorship into a highly ambiguous project with constant pivots
- Planned international developer summit to align on technical, regulatory, and operational considerations and pave the way forward for integration across all carriers
Innovation sprint to identity and prioritize opportunity areas for reinventing the future of retail. Ideation, concept refinement, and "Shark Tank" style executive pitches
Target Corporation is the second-largest discount store retailer in the United States and a component of the S&P 500 Index. The company was founded by George Dayton in 1902 as Goodfellow Dry Goods, and the first Target store opened in 1962.
Design and implement a product lifecycle management system including integrations with an enterprise resource planning system and material and product testing database. Roll-out to entire global merchandising, design, development, and production teams and vendors.
In 1818, Henry Sands Brooks founded Brooks Brothers, the first ready-to-wear fashion emporium in America. Since then, Brooks Brothers is proud to have become an institution that has shaped the American style of dress through fashion innovation, fine quality, personal service, and exceptional value in their products.
Product director of fashion product development system for managing design concepts, colors and raw materials, product specifications and costing, sample requests and evaluations, global collaboration, and reporting.
Fashionware PLM is a cloud-based product lifecycle management application for small to medium-sized fashion companies that streamlines the design process, facilitates the creation and sending of tech packs, and allows internal users and teams to easily collaborate in real time with suppliers, customers, and manufacturers.
Using extensive knowledge of body types, fit issues, and style trends, create customer experience to gather data for machine-learning algorithms that power product suggestions for online shoppers.
Zafu is an ecommerce analytics platform that recommends optimization strategies across SKUs for major retailers and brands. Invisible to the shopper, Zafu works behind the scenes, in real time to re-rank products, ensuring that shoppers see the most relevant products every time.
Design and implement a product lifecycle management system to support a new direct sourcing initiative for footwear, including integrations with a merchandising system and vendor database. Phased roll-out by brand to design, product development, and overseas sourcing teams.
Founded in 1972 by Aldo Bensadoun, the Montreal-based company the ALDO Group is internationally renowned as a leader in footwear brands and retail concepts. The privately held company operates close to 900 retail stores across Canada, the US, the UK and Ireland.
Devise a strategy to improve operational and development efficiencies and increase innovation in the New York sample development center and the overall design, development, and production process.
Founded by Andrew Rosen in 1997, Theory revolutionized the contemporary market with its concept of the urban uniform, a modern edit of elevated essentials. A leader in Fast Retailing Group's dossier, Theory balances luxury with accessibility in collections known for precisely tailored silhouettes and exceptional fabrics.
International roll-out of a supply chain collaboration solution for managing material development, raw material purchasing, and material liability.
Coach, established in New York City in 1941, is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections with a rich heritage of pairing exceptional leathers and materials with innovative design. Coach is sold worldwide through Coach stores, select department stores and specialty stores, and through Coach’s website.
Design and implement a custom software module to facilitate technical design and sampling functionality. Improve user experience for additional product lifecycle management material, line sheet, and reporting functionality.
Calvin Klein, Inc. is an American fashion house founded by the fashion designer Calvin Klein in 1968. A wholly owned subsidiary of PVH Corp., Calvin Klein, Inc. designs and markets women’s and men’s designer collection apparel and a range of other products that are manufactured and marketed through an extensive network of licensing agreements and other arrangements worldwide.
Researched and produced comprehensive seasonal trend reports to inform the product development of enclosures and packaging for electronic devices and cosmetic goods. Included market and ethnographic research and analyses, color and mood forecasts, and material swatches and specifications. Collaborated with industrial designer to create product concept renderings.
Inclosia Solutions is a business unit of The Dow Chemical Company that delivers innovative enclosure technologies. The EXO Overmolding System from Inclosia is a patented mass manufacturing process that enables designer fabrics, leathers, real woods, and real metals to be combined with plastics in an injection molding operation.